7.11.2011

Parcels From Afar


Since I saw a photo book, I have been wanting to encapsulate momentous events in one. But the cost of photo books here in the country prevents me from doing so. I don't want to spend thousands of pesos in them, blame it on the thrifty side of me. Until I came across ArtsCow.

I have read rave reviews from fellow SP (that's SmartParenting for you) moms regarding this service. I badly wanted to try this service and see for myself what they are raving about. Finally, I had some spare time in my hands, overflowing creative juices in my head and some credits for free photo books I have earned in my account I gave it a go.

Sophie's baptism photo book
Inside Sophie's baptism photo book
Hong Kong photo book
Inside the Hong Kong photo book
HK Disneyland photo book
Inside HK Disneyland photo book


I made everything in a span of two weeks. Sophie's baptism photo book (8 x 8), I have made the layout myself, using the software Microsoft Silverlight that can be downloaded from ArtsCow, and designed it with free kits I got from ArtsCow too. To document our Hong Kong trip last February, I decided to make two 9 x 7 photo books out of our pictures. Our day in HK Disneyland merited a separate photo book to capture the fun that we had there. For the two, I made use the available pre-designed layouts in ArtsCow. I just tweaked some stuff for me to include more photos.

For all three I only paid for the shipping fee, which roughly put the cost at $7.99 (around Php 350) each photo book. Really affordable right? Well that's because I got free photo book credits.

I chanced upon their seasonal sale last May. For Mother's Day, they offered their photo watches at $5.99 (around Php 260) apiece with free shipping. I jumped at the chance and ordered for Mama and Mommy (my mom-in-law). I wasn't aware of the length of parcel delivery then that my orders arrived in time for Father's Day, a month later after Mother's Day! Still, the wait was worth it. They loved the watches!

Mama's watch arrived wrapped in bubble wrap
Sophie all smiles in Mama's photo watch
I browsed ArtsCow's other products and again, I saw something that I really like: Photo printed on canvas and stretched in a wooden frame! I ordered immediately, as I have been eyeing the huge blank space above our bed. I wanted to put a framed photo of us there but I haven't been around doing it so seeing ArtsCow's product, I hurriedly uploaded our cutest family photo and made a 16" x 20" stretched canvas for only Php750.



With everything I ordered, I can really say that I vouch for the quality and affordability of ArtsCow's products. :) So why won't you try it for yourself? It's so easy, it just takes a few clicks and you're done making those precious memorabilia.

ArtsCow
For photo books info and pricing, click here.
For photo watches info and pricing, click here.
For canvas info and pricing, click here.
For shipping fees, click here.

3 comments:

michi said...

thanks for sharing sis, i really want to have a photobook but it is really expensive here. will explore artscow.

shipping fee lang binayaran mu? how about yung photobook?

Sapphire Mommy said...

wow very nice sis,like sis michi how much kapag photo book?

Vanenie said...

hi sisses! ArtsCow likes to give its members FREE credits on items from time to time, mostly on prints, sometimes photo books and their other products. what I do is to design one then save the design for later. so if they offer free credits, I can just use it na lang.

if regular priced, an 8x8 photo book with regular airmail shipping is at $17.98 or Php771.58 only. still affordable right? :)

Post a Comment