11.20.2011

Three Months

Has it been that long? Was I that busy or just simply too lazy? To tell you the truth, it's both. The past three months has seen some major events and changes in my life. First off was Sophie's 2nd birthday celebration. I had painstakingly planned and prepared for it, making use of my little arts & crafts skills and beginner's baking skills. Thankfully, I managed to pull it off even with a few minor glitches that happened. Everyone enjoyed and had a really good time. Celebrating a child's birthday party in Jollibee is some form of a Filipino child's rite of passage, I think.

Having a blast with Jollibee

Baked treats a.k.a. labor of love as edible souvenirs
So after all the hullabaloo that was the party, I thought that my life would be no more exciting (well until the holidays). Surprisingly, I was still tired and restless. I just attributed it as after-effects of being in party planner mode. Maybe, I was only experiencing withdrawal syndrome -- that the party was over and I no longer have anything to keep my self busy with. Until one day that I have this intense feeling of nausea washing over me. I thought that it was due to extreme hunger, that suddenly I am experiencing acid reflux after that late lunch. But a thought crossed my mind, "Could I be? Please, no... Not yet, not now."

Returning home, I asked Hubby to do an errand for me, "Buy me this, please". He asked, "What for? Are you...?" refusing to say out loud what we both had in mind. I shrugged him off, saying that it's just routinary. He soon came back with my request and a few minutes later, my suspicion is confirmed:

Two lines drawn
So folks, this is it. Literally, the second life-changing event that happened in the past three months. I was again thrown into a whirlwind of tests, checking if everything is A-Ok with me. We've had a little scare at first when my thyroid levels were way below the normal range. Good thing we were referred to one of the country's best endocrinologist and after a few more confirmatory tests, I was given a clean bill of health. Apparently, the abnormal thyroid levels were only pregnancy-induced. Currently, I have just surpassed the first trimester (but still not over the any-time-of-the day sickness) and Baby Liit, as what we have fondly called him/her is doing well.

Baby Liit at 13 weeks

So pardon me dear friends, if I had been a delinquent mommy-blogger. These two events had kept me in my toes the months. It's still too much to digest, even after the given time. Hey, I just realized, 2 was a prevailing number in our lives the past quarter. Sophie turned two, two weeks later, we found out about baby number two's existence! :) Anyway, I promise to update my blog every now and then, even with this new addition to our family. I really want to! Because I figured that I'll have even less time when he/she arrives.

2 comments:

michi said...

congrats and welcome back! =)

Vanenie said...

thanks sis! :)

Post a Comment